From being the Chief Security Officer (CSO) of UP Diliman, the Board of Regents (BOR) approved in its 1346th meeting on July 31, 2019 the upgrading of CSO to Public Safety and Security Office (PSSO). The PSSO will include in its structure the Disaster Risk Management and Safety Team (DRMST), Task Force on Squatting, Community, Housing and Utilities (TF-SCHU) and the Supervisory Team for Private Security (STPS), as a response to the challenges and concerns intrinsic in its campus environment.
- Development of a comprehensive DRRM Plan for UP Diliman;
- Regular assessment of potential security and safety risks;
- Implementation of an Incident Command System in UP Diliman to address both natural and human-induced disasters such as, but not limited to, typhoons, earthquakes, fires, bomb threats, pandemics, etc.;
- Issuance of timely warnings and advisories pertaining to safety and security;
- Gather and analyze data on crime incidence inside the campus to aid in policy-making; and
- Coordinate with barangays within UP Campus and the Quezon City Police District in the implementation of ordinances and other public safety measures.