The Housing Office oversees the on-campus housing of university employees and implements programs and measures to properly enforce housing policies. It is responsible for keeping a strict inventory of housing units on campus and ensuring the protection of the rights of employees when it comes to housing matters. The Housing Office also ascertains that obligations are fulfilled between the tenant employees and the University.
Aside from on-campus management programs, the Housing Office under the Office of the ViceChancellor for Community Affairs, together with the Office of the VicePresident for Administration, is also undertaking programs for off-campus housing to provide solutions to the high demand for housing units inside the university.
General Functions of the Housing Office:
- Management of Lease of Housing (processing of awards, application, ranking of points). The Diliman Housing Committee deliberates processing of awards for housing units;
- Billing and collection of house rental;
- Billing and collection of water payments for walk-up housing units (Hardin ng Rosas and Hardin ng Dona Aurora);
- Monitoring of repairs, renovations, and constructions of extensions;
- Issuance of permits for housing units;
- Implementation of the Rules & Regulations governing university housing;
- Regular inspection of housing units (undertaken by housing monitoring team);
- Secretariat of the Diliman Housing Committee